Chewing and sore lips

Hi Y'all,

Firstly, chewing: Personally I think it's a disgusting habit, not actual
chewing, but leaving on/under chairs, tables, on the floor, which seems part
of the game. Also, if I had wanted to watch mindless creatures staring with
a glazed expression and breathing peppermint, I could have become either a
teacher or a farmer. (Guess which). I find the prospect of watching a glassy
eyed girl with a rotating embouchure infinitely depressing.

Secondly, to those who might have cold sore problems. It used to be possible
to get hold of "Tincture of Myrrh". This stuff tastes revolting, (not at all
like chewing gum), but smells a bit like incense. It will sting like
blue murder when you rub it on your lips, but I've known a cold sore to give
up the ghost in 24 hours. Mind you, my girlfriend didn't kiss me for two
weeks after using it, (not on the mouth, anyway). :) Seriously, though, this
stuff really helps your lips to stay healthy and helps them recover after a
mammoth blow/rehearsal/etc. These days, it's a bit difficult to get hold of.
Try your small local chemist, rather than the big super outdoor shoes.