general prattle

Hi all ,
Just some boring rubbish much like I've read so far on this page.
I remember whitburn Miners Band years ago (sponsored???!!!)
I am also an old duffer having returned to Banding after 20 years off. Not
easy getting the lip into trim. I started playing at 9 years old.
Anyone know of Whitehaven Town Band. I used to play for them at summer
outings in the mid to late seventies when I had a caravan at StBees.
If they are still on the go good luck in this years contests. " yawn!!!