RE: Chewing

Lindsay said:
> Watching a percussionist in a top grade band at the Australian
> Nationals in
> Melbourne at Easter 1998, I noticed that he chewed constantly
> while he was
> actually playing his part (but only while he was actually
> playing). To me it
> seemed to be a variation on tapping the foot to keep in time

> another pet
> hate!!!!!). To my way of thinking it is a lot simpler just to watch the
> conductor.

It's not always possible for a percussionist to watch the conductor.  It's
often more important to watch what your sticks are hitting and to keep in
time by listening...

Tim Sawyer
Percussion
Rothwell Temperance Band
http://www.rtb.org.uk

--

Advert: Just released, Lazy Days, slow jazzy bass trombone solo