Re: Lurking

Donna wrote:

>In community bands I listen to the blasted clarinets and saxophones for
hours
>on end. In brass band, I PLAY. A lot. Hard stuff, too. So I say "sucks boo"
>the snobs who think they're too good for this music. It's their loss.

It is strange how some brass players have an attitude problem when it comes
to Brass Bands - the point above is a good one - worst job in the world
would have to be 2nd trumpet in Puccini's pit orchestra! (how much did I
just earn for that last B natural?)
But to show there is some hope, I've been at a rehearsal today for the Verdi
Requiem. The complete trombone section are all current or ex- brass band
players, of the 8 trumpets, 2 conduct brass bands, 2 currently play in brass
bands and 1 is a former member of a now defunct band. Also, both
percussionists play with brass bands from time to time and the Orchestra's
conductor was introduced to brass bands last year when he conducted one at
the Regional Finals.

Still, at least the Viola makes the Baritone appear to at least to be a
musical instrument! ;)

Andy