Jubilee Overture

Overture.

This was written for the 50th anniversary of GUS Band in 1983.  Philip
Sparke had played with the band for a period and so it was natural that
he should be commissioned to write for the anniversary.  A great piece
it is, too.  I believe the score bears the dedication, "To GUS and KMW".
 We recorded it for Chandos, the album (pre-CD) being called
Celebration.

Hope that this is helpful.

Keith M Wilkinson
keith@xxxxxxxx