Apologies to L & S C Area

It would seem that our band secretary got the wrong end of the stick and
misinformed the rest of the band. I have had a long telephone conversation
with David Hobbs and the situation is now clear.

It was only the band tickets that were restricted and that had nothing to do
with revenue. The organisers issued over 2000 bandsmens tickets and the
theatre holds about 600 and the sports hall about 1600. Therefore to prevent
the halls being overwhelmed it was decided to give priority to the bandsmen
in each section by restricting entry to their section only.

The box office tickets at GBP 6 were not restricted in any way.

Grandad

Unfortunately in practice there were only about 50 or 60 people in the
theatre most of the time.