Re: "A Rose by any other name".

Hi Bill

As a treble-clef-reading tuba player in Canada, my only suggestion to you is to learn to read bass clef.

Although I've had experience playing the piano in an earlier life, I found it easier to get to grips with the bass
clef from a beginners perspective.  If you've been playing a number of years, then at least you have the technique
to start with.

Sorry I don't have an answer that doesn't involve hours of mental stress, but the rewards for being able to
understand both make it all worthwhile.

John Farmer
BBb