RE: Who is 'top' trombone in UK?

> Being a 'boner myself I am wondering who people figure
> is the 'top' T-bone player in the UK right now (BB
> community exculsively).  Is it Brett, Nick Hudson,
> who?  I am partial to Brett's sweet tones but am aware
> that others are critical of his playing.  Any more
> opinions out there?

Take your pick between Paul Kiernan (CWS Glasgow) or Mark Boyd (Whitburn).
The former has a fantastic silky smooth tone but has a dodgy haircut.  The
latter has the best technique of any BB trombonist I've ever heard.

Hell, as a fellow Scot why shouldn't I display a bit of bias?

Gordon Simpson
ex percussionist AND trombonist (for those old to enough to remember!)