RE: L & S C Areas - 4th Section problems

Unfortunately, the 'farce' is the fourth section.

I do not understand how an adjudicator can be expected to 'get it right'
with a section containing 32 bands and requiring him to be locked away from
11 am to 7:30 pm.

The program states that the committee tried to split the section in two, but
this was not allowed.

Do the other regions have an 'oversized' fourth section, or is it that L & S
C is just too big an area?

Can anyone on the list suggest ways that the section can be made more
manageable?

Suggestions from people on the day have been:

	Become an honoury Yorkshire band;
	Split the section in two;
	Start a 5th section (or 4b section);
	Have qualifying rounds for entry to the areas.

I do not have any complaint about the result - I heard Canterbury Youth and
they were certainly among the best that I heard, but I do feel that it is
too much for the adjudicator.

What do other bands who took part think?

Stephen Whelan
Solo Horn Great Yarmouth Brass