RE: French Horns in bands

I am a Horn player. I studied for years at university and other places to
reach ( I hope ) quite a high standard of performance.  I love the
instrument but now play Bass in jazz bands ( double and guitar - also tuba )
for money - I play in and conduct the Bairnsdale Citizens Band for a great
deal of fun - and I know lots of hornists who are "toffee nosed gits". It is
still a gross generalisation however, to state that most horn players are
snobs.

BTW, where do you get a gig playing Horn to make money?

Kees Dogger

dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://listen.to/Dogger