Re: L & S C Areas

Dear Jeremy
Point taken. I am, however, merely passing on the information that I
was given by a contest official (who is presumably in the know) on
the day. I'm not accusing any particular band; I don't know which are
the band(s) in question that did the damage (or, as you rightly point
out, which band members), I wasn't even there on the Saturday!

Maybe insurance will cover it, you are probably right. If the
organisers know which band bus did the damage then I am sure that an
insurance claim can be made against the coach company as you suggest.
If the damage was done "anonymously" then it might be rather more
tricky!
The fact remains that unnecessary damage was done by an
inconsiderate minority; the committee are (apparently) in trouble
about it, and as far as I am aware it is the committee's
responsibility to put the damage right, by whatever means available
to them.

Regards
Dave
> Dear David
>
> I think your attack on bands is a bit sweeping. Bands don't smoke - people
> do. In my band of 28 we have 2 smokers and they are considerate enough not
> to smoke in the bandroom, bus or anywhere else anti social. I spent an hour
> in the sports hall and didn't see anyone smoking.
>
> As for the damage to the gate. The bus company must be insured for such
> collisions and will pay - not the Committee.
>
> Jeremy
>

> --

David Roberts
Musical Director, Pangbourne and District Silver Band
http://maxpages.com/droberts/Pangbourne_and_District_Silver
"Banding is like the sewers - you get out what you put in"