Re: L & S C Areas

Richard Somebody wrote...
> Having qualified with First City Brass, you're damm right. We qualified,
> because the rest played .

...a logical extension of your argument being that you didn't win because
you were "" too!

> Are there any bands in the london and southern counties who are up to it.
> The committment is just not there, for whatever reason, as it is in the
> leading top bands up north.
> As for you, I didn't hear you, City of Oxford Who?

I don't think the problem is commitment; rather that there is no tradition
or heritage, and consequently fewer players. I also think it is a bit rich
adopting this "holier than thou" attitude when you play for a band that was
formed only two years ago. Punters at the 1998 Areas might well have asked
"First City Who?", whether they heard your performance or not (I did,
incidentally).

Cameron
Jedforest Instrumental Band
www.jedforestinstrumental.freeserve.co.uk