Re: A rose by any other name.

Mike Lyons wrote
>The Flugel Horn is actually just a large bore cornet. Its cup shaped
> mouthpiece means the timbre fits in well with a brass band.

I always thought a Flugal was a member of the saxhorn (or tuba) family as it
has a much more conical bore than a cornet. Being the highest piched member
of the family it could be called a soprano tuba and I believe there is a
company in America whou will modify your flugal so it looks the same shape
as other members of the family, i.e. with the bell pointing up.

Mike Stevenson