Hosaphone

Hi Steve.  Thanks very much for the information and music regarding the
Hosaphone.   Obviously this is the answer to all my playing problems...and
maybe others on the list will be interested also.  I will put my flugel horn
up for sale.   I have plenty of garden hose but what do I use for a bell ?
Honestly, I can see this catching on in this country....as there will be no
need to apply for lottery grants.....just a quick trip to the nearest garden
centre.   Soon there could Hosaphone band groups......leading inevitably to
area contests....etc..(maybe the adjudicator ...Charlie Dimmock ..... in a
garden shed.!) ..and qualification to a grand Hosaphone Final at the
Albert Hall, London (maybe run by B. and Q.).     Until I had received your
most interesting epistle I had been contemplating enquiring into a
Mellorphonium.....a brass instrument commonly used  by marching bands in the
USA, and would be extremely grateful for any information.   I thought
Kanstul  or Getzen made them.   Years ago I went to a Jim Shepherd Versatile
Brass Concert and I am sure that great horn exponent Gordon Higginbottom
played a solo on a mellorphonium.   You see, I am wondering if my pal and I
could be the first mellorphonium duettists in the U.K.!!   If advised
against the mellorphonium (or hosaphone) I would be extremely grateful for
opinions on the various makes of flugel horns on the market from list
members who are expert in the art of flugellism.
Thanks again Steve.   And Best Wishes to all.    Dave.