Re: West Of England Championships/Portishead Town Band

Thanks Bridgette

Yes we certainly will be there.  Congratulations on your placing too!

For those who don't know Portishead Band well, this is the very first time
in the Band's 30 years that it has qualified for the Nationals and also the
first time it has been promoted out of the 4th section (confirmation awaited
but we are definitely top of the points table), so it's very big news here
in South Bristol.......!

Thanks to all those who came along to support us at the Colston Hall on
Saturday (rumours of a 'Briggus' type cheer to impress Geoff Whitham in the
box are far exagerrated) and for all the emails of congratulation.

Under the leadership of Dave Hollister (ex-Sun Life/ex-Soundwell) the Band
has improved dramatically, and we are looking to do more still.  If anyone
is interested in getting involved in any way with us, please let me know -
we aren't looking for players who are willing to sign up as an easy route to
get to play at the Albert Hall but we ARE looking for people who are
committed and dedicated to making great music in our area.

Cheers

Paul
www.portisheadband.co.uk