London & Southern Counties Regional-Broken Barrier

Does somebody out there know something that the officials don't?
We were all, of course, busy inside the complex when the barrier was broken,
so none of the officials witnessed what happened. What we do know is that it
was broken after 6.00pm on the Saturday. Obviously, ALL who were at the
complex, or leaving around that time, are under suspicion. There is no
evidence whatever that the damage was done by a band coach, as we are not
aware that  there was one at rear of the building at that time. It has been
suggested that 'the coach company will be insured', but if nobody owns up
then there is no hope of a claim against them.

It is a great pity that this has happened, as the management of the
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre have made us very welcome during the last
two years and have helped us tremendously. Coupled with this incident and
the burns in the floor covering of the Bowls Hall, the situation is now very
difficult. It is a very poor advert for brass bands indeed. If perchance we
have to change halls, many extra miles may have to be travelled by most of
the regional bands - just because of one thoughtless person!

If anybody did witness the incident I would appreciate being e.mailed
privately. Your communication will be held in confidence if so desired.

Brian Hastings
Chairman - London & Southern Counties Regional Committee.