Re: Buying an EEb Bass

Larry,

The number (I don't quite understand how they were chosen) denotes/indicates
the size.  The largest (read 'widest')Bach mp is a 7, a full 2mm wider than
a 24, the smallest a 32, 1.75 mm narrower.  However, the cup on both is
shallower than the 24.  The 24 is the deepest cup size that Bach make and at
31.25mm wide the cup is around the miidel of the range.  The 'W' stands for
Wide (the rim is much wider/cushioned than on other Bach's.  I don't know
what the A stands for but it denotes that the mp is Deep, the only mp that
Bach state as this - all others being either medium or shallow.

Thanks for comment about the book.  They have been surprisingly popular with
a second print run already low on numbers.  The album will be out soon (I
think timed to be released on the day of the centenary concert).  Everyone
should buy it, if only to hear James Morrison play the 'Old Rugged Cross'
with a brass band accompaniment !

Phil.
Fodens