Re: Hosaphone

At 11:02 PM +0100 3/27/0, Mike Lyons wrote:
>>From what I remember about the hosaphone from the Hoffnung concert, you have
>to whizz the end around as you play. Could be a bit dangerous is the funnel
>is loose or you have too much fortified water :)

At Hosaphone(tm) Headquarters, this is referred to as the HosaTwirl(tm). My
composition, Codetta in C for Hosaphone(tm), Piano and Bass, makes use of
the HosaTwirl(tm). The Composer's Notes section of the music includes
performance instructions.

http://www.roth-music.com/hosaphone/codetta/

If you have Real (as in RealPlayer, RealAudio) installed, you can listen to
my performance of this bluesy little tune, Codetta in C for Hosaphone(tm).
If you have Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed, you can get the sheet music
for free online by downloading the PDF and printing it. If you abhor
technology (http://www.roth-music.com/hosaphone/codetta/Iabhor.ram) you can
order the sheet music.

I was commissioned last year to make an arrangement of Codetta for Brass
Quartet (Solo Hosaphone(tm), 1st Trumpet, 2nd Trumpet/Horn in F, Trombone,
Tuba/Bass Trombone) here in the States by Young Audiences, where it's
performances have been well received. I do intend to make this arrangement
available for sale. Codetta was originally written in hopes that it would
be placed at the end of university level trumpet recitals, however most
take themselves far too seriously since a trumpet student's solos must be
approved by a music faculty committee. I am pleased of the interest among
Brass Bands in the Hosaphone(tm).

David A. Roth, Comp(h)oser
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hosaphone(tm) Headquarters - http://www.roth-music.com/hosaphone

cc: Ellis Workman (Hosaphone(tm) Inventor/Mentor)