Re: Buying an EEb Bass

We have just bought 2 Eb tubas. To help us make up our minds John Packers
brought a Sovereign, Courtios and Yamaha to the bandroom for us to try.
After play each instrument for some time both our musical director (who is a
fine tuba player) and myself put the instruments in the following order:

1. Yamaha
2. Courtois
3. Sovereign

So we ordered the Yamahas. I was a little concerned as I have played a
Sovereign for years and they seem to be the automatic choice. However, the
Yamaha Maestros arrived last week and I played it with the band for the
first time last Sunday. It was a joy to play and all my doubts disappeared,
I don't think I will have any regrets changing from Sovereign tubas.

Mike Stevenson