Re: OK, how about Euphoiums

Courtois 167R is also worth a look.  (3 across the top, one sider,
Brit Brass Band Style)

I wrote a road test on one a year or so back, published on this list
(I swapped my 2 year old Sov, which replaced the Imperial before it,
for one so impressed was I).  Ill send you a copy of my thoughts if
you would like.  My son traded in a relatively new Bach Stradivarius
Trom for a Courtois Bb/F with Hagmann valve for similar reasons.
Courtois have a pretty complete range right now (except Sop Cornet).
Fodens can play 'em anyhow...  ANd they dont seem to fall to bits any
more.

best regards

Steve Larwood
Euph, Melbourne Town Band (UK)