Re: Penny Lane

David,

If you are refering to a Canadian Brass recording of "Penny Lane", then I'm
afraid I can't help you I'm ashamed to say.

However, if it's the original Beatles recording you mean, then I can.

The soloist on the Piccolo trumpet part on the original is David Mason, the
Bb parts were played by
Leon Calvert, Freddy Clayton, Bert Courtley and Duncan Campbell.

I'm well aware of who David Mason is (having met him a couple of times), but
the other four players are unknown to me - apart from being names in a book.
Perhaps someone on the list has either heard of, or knows them.

Sorry if I sound like a Beatles anorak!!!

Sandy McAughtrie
Gilbert's No.1 fan and Beatles enthusiast