Re: National Finals

Hi again Steve.   I do  hope that everyone will now realise that my posting
about the National finals was a complete fabrication......just LIES..because
I suddenly realised it was the FIRST day of April of the millennium....there
was nothing to watch (except cartoons) on the Telly, and it was too early to
start practicing my latest purchase... a pocket trumpet with all the
neighbourhood asleep.   I sincerely hope no band persons were rushing around
antique shops looking for Ophicleides or buying hose pipes; and third cornet
players can now sigh with relief (that top C sharp !).    I hang my head in
shame.
But the piece about the aspirations to become a brass band Toscannini was
true.....and I have a certificate to prove it.
By the way....I don't want to worry you Steve....but did you see a story in
the papers the other day about a euphonium player who was facing a 5000
fine for practicing to the annoyance of his neighbours.("ALL TOOT MUCH") The
gentleman  is
called Ted Sykes(58) from Lancs and locals claim that his "booming brass" is
making their lives hell and have persuaded their council to issue a noise
abatement order on him. A story to strike terror in the hearts of euph. (and
bari) players everywhere.  Now that was TRUE.....honest !     As it is
Sunday morning I'll just have a go at some hymns on my trumpet when all my
neighbours wake up....and hope they don't ring the cops !
Cheers.    Dave.