Tameside Contest - Rumours

Having attended band rehearsal tonight, I was a little suprised to hear that
several players of our band had been told by members of other bands that the
adjudicator of our section - Major Peter Parkes - had been heard telling
officials at the Tameside contest that he wasn`t going to place any band
that was playing the Area test piece.

This may have affected our band after we came well down the rankings at
Tameside yet we gave a similar performance at the area in Blackpool where we
came a creditable 4th place. We even got a half-decent position (and damned
good constructive remarks) at the previous competition to the area
adjudicated by Prof. Roy Newsome.

Anyone else heard this one ?

Andy Moore   -   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BBb Tuba player in