Mouthpieces

I'm sitting here with the Bach Mouthpiece Manual, obtained from a favourite
instrument shop.Here is a quote from the book on the lettering used.
"Deepest cups are marked "A"; standard cups have no letter designation;
progressively shallower cups are marked from "B" through"F". The book has
heaps of information , the cup depth, cup diameter, rim shape and
description of mouthpieces for trumpets, through to tubas, including tenor
horn which they call alto.
A comment on throat sizes.Large; increases blowing freedom, volume and tone:
sharpens high register(largest sizes also sharpen low register)
Small: increases resistance, endurance, brilliance: flattens high register.
Food for thought if one is having trouble with tuning. My top register with
Dennis Wick 2 on tenor horn,( all Wicks have a large throats) is very sharp.
It would be interesting to try a Bach which has a smaller throat.
Unfortunately, I would have a fight with the rest of the section who use
DW2. Oh well we are all sharp together.