Re: Tenor Horn mouthpieces

Surely others have some Tenor Horn mouthpiece experiences.  This is all very
valuable, not only from a playing standpoint but in saving money buying
mouthpieces that don't meet one's needs.

What I'm looking for is a mouthpiece that maintains the roundness and
openness of the horn but allows for better facility in the extreme upper
register and, if necessary, a slight "push" in the tone.  I currently play a
Besson Sovereign with a DW2.  Though the DW2 gives the horn a big, round
sound, I find some of the very high notes a bit more of a strain than I'd
like them to be.  I tried a DW5 and found it to be extremely constricting
and uncomfortable.  I missed the openness of the 2.

I also tried the Schilke.  Kaye Greaney was right - it is more cup-shaped
and gave a brassier tone.  It was also a little too small for the horn!

I've got a DW3 coming my way.  Additionally,  I wouldn't mind trying out a
Bach.

Any others?

Alan