Re: Top tambourinist

I suppose that I should apologize on behalf of all the shallow,
narrow-minded bores who are trombone players interested in a discussion
about who the top trombone player is.  Considering this is a Brass band
newsgroup, we shouldn't really discuss the only instrument in the brass band
that isn't a brass instrument, ....Oh wait  it is a brass instrument?
....So it is relevant then?  My, I guess it would be alright to discuss this
subject.

Ok, then, it must have been the fact that the discussion turned towards a
discussion as to whether or not a Salvation Army player could be considered
a favourite in the "top player" discussion.  We prudish Sally-Ann-ers should
just stick to anything else but interjecting our opinions into the
discussion.
After all, what does the Salvation Army have to do with Brass bands?  I mean
it's not like we have some of the top brass bands in the world.  I mean, we
don't have any decent composers in the S.A.  I mean, really, it's not like 2
of the most recent top section test pieces have been written by
Salvationists!

Oh, oh, there I go again.  I guess we should have something to say about
this subject, then.

I guess we should just take Andrew Justice, David Daws and Derrick Kane et
al and go crawl back into our little cave and let the "Real" brass band
afficianados post in total objectivity.

See ya!

Ian