Re: [Re: Top trombone bores]

Peter Aunger <musica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nuff said Murray,
> It appears you've gone "up-market" vehicle wise and widened your target=

area,
> simply mowing down nice innocent German students on Torquay sea-front i=
n a
Yugo
> to Police acclaim was just a forerunner to the main plan ie: annihilati=
on of
the
> trombone bores and the formation of  "The World Appreciates Tambourines=

> Society".

Dear Peter,

Good grief, what a memory. Embarrassingly accurate regarding the Yugo and=
 the
picturesque seafront location. However the unfortunate victim was a frenc=
coach driver. In my defense, it was an easy mistake to make. A bemused-lo=
oking
man stepping out of a coach on a saturday afternoon wearing ill-fitting g=
rey
trousers and blazer and proceeds to look in the wrong direction before
stepping onto the seafront dual-carriageway. Honestly, anybody could have=

mistaken him for a trombonist. I realized my mistake almost as soon as th=
poor man landed in a heap on the pavement and people ran from the bus sho=
wing
genuine concern for his well-being. In fact I probably did him a favour
because if anyone had hit him in a proper car he could have been seriousl=
injured. The local police were very cheerful about the incident but then
they
don't much care for the french in Torquay because they tend to laugh abou=
t it
being called "The English Rivierra".

Thanks very much for uncovering my dubious past Peter. Lucky for me you d=
idn't
mention that I used to play for Torbay Brass. It is good to hear from you=
=2E I
hope that you and your two boys (Mark and Andrew  ???) are well.

> By the way, should you polish your jangly bits regularly?, and does siz=
and
> shape really matter?

	 Well, if you have to ask I expect it does.

> Peter Aunger
> Torquay

	 Murray Aitken
	 Serial owner of shite cars