Re: Millenium Festival Awards- UK

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your recent detailed response to mt recent posting on the
Brass Band List.

We had a committee meeting tonight and a couple of the members responsible
for possibly applying for the above grant would just like a 5 minute chat
with you - IF you are agreeable.

Can we contact you by phone or will you contact either:-

Andy Creswell:    (01253) 868909   OR

Mrs Ilona MacPhee:  (01253) 886823

Best time to catch either of them is around 6.00-7.00pm on a band night (Tue
OR Fri).

Alternatively, I can ask them to call you (although I`m on hols for a week
or so).

Andy......
I went to a seminar last night (Tuesday), held by the local council for any
parties interested in applying for one of these Awards for All grants.  They
had one of the area representatives to give us an idea of what could qualify
or not.  We actually were looking for equipment for the band rather than an
event of some kind.  She told us that we would almost definitely not
qualify on those grounds.  The things that the Awards committee are looking
for is something that will push the limits of music or the band, and will
benefit your local community, especially the younger members.   Having a
piece of music specially commissioned for your band, by a recognised
composer, holding  concerts, organising workshops, master classes, and other
events that would involve the local schools etc.

We were told that representatives from each section, the Heritage, Arts,
Charities and Sports would make up the committee
to decide on which applications would be successful.  Our area committee was
meeting shortly, and they had about 500-600
applications to go through in a day.  So whatever event you choose, I think
the more unique the better.  The Arts council
side have less money to give out than any other section, we were told that
the most money is in the Charities and Heritage
pots. So if your event can be covered by their criteria you stand a better
chance of success.  We were informed that an
application stood about 50-60% chance of success.
Best of luck.

Mark Floyd
Lakenheath Silver Band

Andy Moore   -   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aquatic-Plant/Discus fanatic & BBb Tuba player in
Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band

ICQ - 69210936
http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm