Top Tambourine/trombone/anything

Dear List,

Apart from general interest, I don't really think that it's of earth
shattering importance who is top of anything. After all, it's purely,
(usually) a matter of personal taste. It certainly doesn't merit a
discussion as long or as vapid as the recent long running trombone saga.
Personally I'd be much more interested in why that person is the top
trombonist, (or whatever), rather than the mere who it is.

Handbags at 10 paces you anti tambourinists. I have a great empathy for poor
percussionists who are slated all the time, (only partially deserved), I
tried to learn percussion at college, but I couldn't keep control of all the
bits - sober or drunk! Get in there guys.

I also have the greatest respect for the SA bands. Many of them are too good
to keep their sound under a bushel. They don't contest and most of them
don't need to contest. They have excellent trainers and many of them are far
more dedicated than the so-called professional bands we hear so much of.

Many of my best players in the school band have been Salvationists. Long may
they exist.

Boy! I feel better after that. Nurse! Nurse! It's time for my tablets.