Blast

David said

>.     A few weeks' ago I believe some American brass
>musicians from a London show called "Blast" appeared on the ITV  Conley
Show
>and I am told they were a sensation.    At least many folk asked me I had
>seen them....because they thought they were great.

I taped it . Basically a Brass Band arrangement using Marching Brass ( Bells
Point  Forward ),  with the addition of French Horns and Trumpets. ( nice
piccolo! ). Lots of Percussion .
They played Bolero in a very theatrical fashion, choreographed , spotlights,
walking around all the time and wiggling their legs and bobbing up and down
in time to the music. Technically very good though.
Perhaps they got the idea from Elgar Howarth's Granada Band of the Year
programme in the Eighties

It was very good but I feel that after a couple of numbers the novelty would
wear a bit thin for band enthusiasts, however the general public probably
love it.....

They are at the Apollo Hammersmith.

Gerry.
www.denham-hendon-brass.org.uk