Re: The Future for Bands

It is fascinating to see theology entering into the debate. However if a
Christian (religion) point is to be made (as opposed to someone from another
religion who might argue a similar point) - it is that any Christian would
claim they play for God because they have made a personal commitment to him.
I know several people in non SA bands who see all of their music including
their brass bands as something they do for God's glory. Also the SA writers
should remember that Jesus called us to go into the world, and their is a
very strong theological argument for Christians to join organisations that
are not exclusively Christians. At the same time non SA Christians are very
thankful for the amazing work done by the SA in leading the way in taking the
gospel into the world. I think you all need each other. (MIke Cranston, Brass
Band fan, Christian non SA, whose mum was a SA officer and a voluntary tutor
to theological students - does that make me neutral?)