Tenor Horn Mouthpieces

Hi, I have tried most of the tenor horn mouthpieces in my time. I always
played on a Denis Wick 5, the smaller of the three. I was always told
that moving onto a dw2 would make the sound bigger. Not the case, I
played for Dyke and Faireys for 8 years, ( 5 of these years on 2nd horn)
and I can assure you my sound got bigger on the 5, so I stuck to it.
Many people didn't believe it. I believe it's down to the belief that
you can make the sound as rich as possible, working on creating as thick
a tone as you can.
All the best in your pursuits.  Mav