CRY FOR HELP - TENOR HORN AND BASS TROMBONE NEEDED FOR WEEKEND IN HOLLAND

Dear List,

RARE OPPORTUNITY
The Clacton-on-Sea Co-Operative Band are making one of their famous
trips to Winschoten, Holland.  These visits are renowned and forever
remembered (if maybe a bit cloudy on the finer points!).  We're going
over as part of celebration for Nieuw Leven Band's 80th Birthday and
Winschoten's 50th Anniversary, so fun and celebration are the main
agenda items for the long weekend ... and what's more, we're only having
to do a couple of concerts.

HOWEVER!  We need help with a couple of last minute disasters - we've
found ourselves without:

2 TENOR HORNS (preferably Solo horn and 2nd horn, but 1st and 2nd horn
is possible)
1 BASS TROMBONE

Can anyone out there help???  Apart from the Wuss Brass 2000 trip to the
Whit Friday Marches, it's likely to be the next best band trip you'll
make this Millennium ..... the details are as follows:

Clacton Band Trip to Winschoten, Holland - Thursday 4th May-Sunday 7th
May

THURSDAY 4TH MAY
08.30 am Load coach at Clacton Bandroom
09.15 am Depart Bandroom
09.55 am Arrive Harwich Port
10.55 am Depart Harwich Port for Winshcoten

FRIDAY 5TH MAY AND SATURDAY 6TH MAY
I've not actually got a full itinerary for these days - but you can be
assured that our Secretary, Anne Headworth will have everything under
control!

SUNDAY 7TH MAY
20.00 pm (that's 8.00 in the evening!) Arrive back at Clacton Bandroom

ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation is with hosts from the Nieuw Leven Band, but if you prefer
to stay in hotel accommodation (which 6 of us are already doing) this
can be arranged (obviously any hotel costs will have to be covered by
yourself).

MUSIC
I've not got the full programme, but some of the pieces we've been
playing in rehearsal are:

Riverdance
Cry of the Celts (movements 3, 4 and 5)
Send in the Clowns (flugel solo)
Music of the Night
Puttin on the Ritz
Another Openin' Another Show
Orient Express
Cappricio Espanol
Elsa's Procession ('easier on the chops version' of Procession to the
Minster!)
Softly Awakes My ...... (is it heart??)
Blenheim Flourishes

and so the list goes on (unfortunately the memory doesn't!)

COST
This whole trip is very heavily subsidised by the band (we've been
raising the funds for the last year!), and will cost just =A320 per
player.  Also, if you want to bring your wife/girlfriend,
husband/boyfriend (or both!!) it'll be just =A325 per guest (unless they
play too, in which case we can always make room for more in the band!).

CONTACT ME ASAP
As the dates are so close, you can understand why I'm getting .........
nervous!  Is there anyone out there who wants to join in the fun, have a
ridiculously cheap weekend (you could spend more on a video and a curry
on a Saturday night!!), with the opportunity of making some new friends
both in the UK and Holland???

YES??  Great, then call me, email me or fax me .....

Telephone: 0171 251 4938 (Daytime)
Telephone: 01371 820 890 (Evening)
Telephone: 07949 123 069 (Mobile)
Email: c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: clair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Facsimile: 0171 251 4948 (Day ad evening)

Looking forward to hearing from you .... you won't regret it!!

Clair Tomalin
Alias Queen Wuss, but for the purposes of this trip, just call me The
Little Dutch Girl!!

PS: If you want to use my house as a halfway point, you're more than
welcome to stay over before or after the trip (I'm just 45 minutes from
the band room).