Mellophones

I would like to thank all of those kind souls who checked me out on
Mellophones.
A friend lent me one and it's an interesting instrument to play and
sounds nice on the higher notes.
However, tuning it is a challenge and I wonder if there is an
established routine instead of my hit and miss method?
Now there's another instrument that has me interested too, it looks like
a contrabass saxophone but actually uses a baritone type mouthpiece.
It was being played in an Eastern European Band.
Oh forget it Bill!
Please don't encourage me!
BillW