Narrabri Shire Band

Hi,

The Narrabri shire band arrived in the UK from Australia last week. We played
a joint concert with them on Friday 14th April which was very entertaining. I
thought that they played remarkably well considering the jet lag - 39 hours
travelling to reach us in the Lake district apparently.

On the 16th April we both took part in the Ulverston Music festival. Ten
bands competed. Narrabri wanted to participate for the experience of
competing against british bands, however they also managed to be placed third
and were ecstatic.

Kirkby Lonsdale came second! (Pilling were first and I think they are a
section higher than ourselves anyway - can anyone on the list confirm this?)

Both bands met up again on the Monday evening when we held a workshop with Mr
Alan Lawton. The sight of 70 something musicians in our local rugby club was
something else - an experience I will never forget.

We all made some good friends over the last week-end. Hopefully it will be
something we can do again sometime.

Narrabri have now moved on to other things in the UK before going on to
France for the ANZAC day celebrations.
No doubt you'll get a full report on the list when they get back.

TTFN
Jax
KLBB