Re: BBC Music Live

>Do folk on the list know about the BBC  Music Live event to be held from
>25th to 29th May, 2000 ?   I believe it is 5 days of music coverage by
every
>BBC radio service as well as a 24-hour music marathon on BBC TV and claims
>to be the "biggest live music event the UK has ever seen

SWT Woodfalls Band is participating in BBC Music Live on Monday 29 May.
The event is a celebration of the 8 Centuries of Salisbury Cathedral.  There
will be 7 stages erected outside the Cathedral, to which, musicians,
artisans and animals will be led by horseman from within the Cathedral to
their century stage.  Each century is represented by different musical
groups i.e. coronets, sackbuts and drummers, recorders, madrigals, plaine
song, pipe and tabor, country singers and brass bands - just a shame it is
the day after the Masters!

In the second half, the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra will perform Carmina
Burana to an audience of 5 thousand, seated in a specially erected
grandstand.  The whole event starts at 6.30 and is being filmed in its
entirety by BBC TV - I guess only snippets will go out live.

Brian Easterbrook
www.woodfallsband.freeserve.co.uk