Re: bands attitude to contests

Well said Glen,I agree with most of what you say but will add a bit of my
own. From my experience's in contesting it always seemed to me that the test
was taken to lightly with some spectacular own choice's often relying on
speed and volume and not as you said musicality.Why were the marks in the
own choice so low 189 down .In the Hymn any band should be capable in "A" of
getting the very high 40"s.St Mary's needed to have got 46 in the Hymn to be
Aus champions.  Own choice choose something that you are sure you can handle
under pressure and receive a mark showing what your bands worth ,the two you
mentioned agreed ,but the wrong choice and your pushing your band up hill.
Finally it looks like the "old"master is back with a vengeance,well done
Footscray.

Ron Grice
"Conductor in limbo" (at present)

Glenns reply