Oz Nationals

Have read the emails regarding the Nationals, thanks David Sheedy and Tony
Kavanagh for forwarding them on to me (I had unsubscribed while I was over
in Launceston) and have just got home today after another week over there
after the comps.

Had a very enjoyable time and heard some brilliant playing and got to meet
some list members for the first time and renew some old acquaintances, and
thanks to those who have sent Footscray-Yarraville their congratulations via
my email, we really appreciate it and all will be passed on to the band.

I'll admit, I thought Endeavour a strange choice for an A Grade test piece,
being that it is a lot shorter than a lot of major works, and even though
I've played it before, enjoyed working on it with a new MD.  From what I
understand the organizers or the musical body or whatever in Tassie were
given the brief that all the music selected for both the bands and soloists
this year had to be Australian composers, or in the case of Endeavour, an
Australian theme behind them.

Anyway, on behalf of our band, once again thanks for the congratulations and
good wishes for coming 2nd (on a countback from Kew) and sorry to bore those
who aren't interested, but you know where the delete button is !!

Carol Wills
Footscray-Yarraville City Band
Melbourne Australia
www.users.bigpond.com/carollee/