the vernacular

Please don't be troubled.  This is a traditional term applied to British
migrants to Australia in earlier days.  Many apparently spent so much time
complaining that things weren't the same as home (so why did they migrate in
the first place?) that they were given the label, "whinging (i.e..
complaining) Poms (persons of British origin).
Just as a matter of interest, what would you be likely to do if we went to a
band engagement together and I asked you to get a jumper from the boot?

Curiously Yours,
Wendy Spencer