A Dog's Best Friend. ?

Can any lister suggest a nice tune to be-friend a hound ?
Seriously....honest...a neighbour has a large ugly Rottweiler dog, bigger
than me, and when I start blowing (even ppp) its enrages him; he growls,
barks fff... attempts to snap his chain to get at my flugel (and me!).  This
sets up a chain reaction getting other dogs barking and cats howling setting
off burglar and car alarms.   I would tackle the owner but he looks like his
dog and is also bigger than me !  I wonder if he (the dog) might have a
favourite piece of music.   I have no problem with stray cats.....one has
been coming to listen for ages, and has adopted us to give us the privilege
of feeding her.    As the state pension has gone up by 75p a week this month
(and it won't even buy me one third of a pint of lager) I had been wondering
what to spend it on.   The answer was obvious....a silent brass outfit...to
bring peace and quiet to the town and happiness to Rotweillers!   So I
eagerly await this latest acquisition ...knowing at long last I will be able
to have a blow at three in morning if I can't sleep.   Which reminds me of
another poser keeping me awake.   An old friend who used to play sop with
Carlton Main once told me that his band actually tied for first place in the
British Open at Belle Vue...sometime in the 50s. I think.   He said it was
the first time it had ever happened and the two bands had to play again to
decide the winner.   Carlton won....the test piece was "Sunset
Rhapsody"....but who the heck was the other band ?   Lurking historians
please awaken..so I can sleep !     Cheers.    Dave.    p.s. Have actually
heard a brass band on Radio Two this afternoon !   A fine bass duet played
by B. and R.  Why does one piece on live radio excite one more than
listening to stacks of albums or c.d.s ?    Answers please from lurking
psychologists/psychoanalysts.   I suppose its knowing that millions of other
folk are listening too....and maybe thinking..."that sounds great".