Black Dyke Concert in Norwich

On Sunday 30th April the Black Dyke Band gave the concert at the East
Anglian Brass Band Association's Spring Festival.  There was a capacity
audience with late comers having to be turned away.  The whole concert was
superb.  One lady who had never been to a brass band concert before said
"she enjoyed the first half, the second half was wonderful and she will
never forget the Pines of Rome".  She has since ordered tickets for the
Association's "Concert Brass 2000" in November and next year's Spring
Festival to be given by the Fodens Courtois Band.  Thank you Black Dyke.

My personal favourites were Variations on a Ninth, which was excellently
played and The Pines of Rome.  I look forward to hearing Black Dyke again
when they visit Bury St Edmunds on 14th May.

Christine Wade