Re: Supreme Champions of the Southend -On Sea Contest was Engagements v Contests

Paul, sorry I got your ranking wrong ( please accept the complement!). You
were the best band on the day without a doubt. We all appreciated your
performance as did most of the other competing bands.

We are a non section band and Southend is the only contest we ever go to. We
know that technicaly our performance was perhaps flawed and we are pleased
that the best band won the supreme champion prize. However as there was a
seperate award for the most entertaining band we were a little dissapointed
that the adjudicator accused us of being to "up beat". I've played at many
levels and I know when the audience is "with you". We did pander to the
audience and perhaps we didn't take the test piece to seriously (although I
felt we played it to a reasonable standard).

If they let us back next year I hope to see you and buy you a drink. We'll
try to keep entertaining.

cheers

Keith