Bats in the Belfry

For those of you in Melbourne or surrounding areas, Footscray-Yarraville
City Band are holding their mid-year concert entitled "Bats in the Belfry".

It is on Sunday 25th June, 2000 commencing 2.00pm at the Williamstown Town
Hall, Ferguson Street, Williamstown.  Tickets are $10, Concession $8, and
for tickets either phone 9689 1458 or send a cheque or money order to the
band at PO Box 6029 West Footscray 3012, or tickets available at the door on
the day.

The band will be featuring the premier performance of the new brass band
major work written exclusively for our band "Bats in the Belfry" composed by
Mr. Andrew Batterham.  It's a terrific piece, and you can see by the
enthusiasm of the players, how much we're enjoying working on it.  It's a
piece that is really pushing the boundaries of brass band music, and will
shock quite a few people over here, I'm sure.  Much along the lines of "Acid
Brass" in England.

The Concert will also include a soprano vocalist, Jennifer Schatzle, who is
bound to impress.

So any Melbournites, please come along.

Carol Wills
Footscray-Yarraville City Band