RE: Illinois Brass Band on tour in UK

Hi, again!!!

I received many personal responses from people wanting to know EXACTLY where
to come and hear us (rather understandable, I think!  Thank you to all who
contacted me!!!

<BEGIN PLUG>

If you don't mind a personal plug, I will be soloing with the band
(Jubilance by William Himes) at the Monday, June 19th at 7.30 p.m.formal
concert, Newbury Baptist Church, Cheap St Newbury.

My new wife and I will be playing a duet together at the Wednesday, June
21st at 12.30 concert in Chester Bandstand, The Groves, City Center on the
river front, playing an arrangement of the Duet from Lakme by Leo Delibes
(on two Bb cornets, instead of the Bb and Eb as it is usually done)

<END PLUG>

Here is the itinerary as I have it at this time:

Friday June 16
Participate in Whit Friday competition (late afternoon and evening).
Expect to play villages in the following order:

Delph
Dobcross
Scouthead
Lydgate

We will then retire to social activity at the most appropriate venue.

Sunday June 18
evening: 7.30 p.m.formal concert with BMVC (Dai Ogborn, MD) at The Anvil at
their annual concert.

Program:
Brass Presentation (Moren);
Let's Face the Music and Dance (Berlin/Richards);
Georgia on my Mind (Carmichael/Morrison);
Belford's Carnival March (Alexander/Smalley);

(with choir) Peers Chorus from Iolanthe (Sullivan);

How to Build a Band;
Stephen Foster Fantasy (Langford);
Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn (Sparke);
Chicago (arr. Guion);

(with choir) Pomp and Circumstance (Elgar);

After the concert the Theatre Bar will be available for liquid refreshment.

Monday June 19
morning: schools concerts at 11.05 and 12.00 Drama Workshop, Richard
Aldworth School, Western Way, Basingstoke

Program 11:05
Marriage of Figaro
Summertime
Variations on Welsh Theme
Stars and Stripes Forever  (student conducted)
Chicago (from Skylines)
The Whistler
Trailblaze

Program 12:00
Marriage of Figaro
Polka Brillante
I Masnadieri
Stars and Stripes Forever (student conducted)
Storm King
The Whistler
Trailblaze

4 p.m. Civic Reception with Mayor, Town Hall Market Square, Newbury
(afternoon tea provided) followed by 30 minute concert outside Corn Exchange
Trailblaze/
Polka Brillante/
Stephen Foster Fantasy/
Stars and Stripes Forever

evening: 7.30 p.m.formal concert, Newbury Baptist Church, Cheap St Newbury,

Program:
Ellacombe (Himes)
Images for Brass (Bulla)
Jubilance (Himes)
Deep Inside the Sacred Temple (Bizet)
Concertante 1st mvt (Bulla)
Amazing Grace (Himes)
Steadily Onward (Leidzen).

Let's Face the Music and Dance (Berlin/Richards)
Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn (Sparke)
Georgia on my Mind (Carmichael/Morrison)
And the Band Played On (Ward&Palmer/Richards)
Disney Fantasy (Richards)
Chicago (arr. Guion)
Stars and Stripes Forever (Sousa)

Tuesday June 20
morning: 7.30 early departure from Newbury (pick-up point also on M4 in
Reading area)

We will have an evening rehearsal at the Chester Band Room with David King,
conductor of Yorkshire Building Society Band.

Wednesday June 21

lunchtime 12.30 concert in Chester Bandstand, The Groves, City Center on the
river front   Brass Band World to come out and cover the band's visit to
Chester.

Program:
The Contestor
Let's Face the Music and Dance
Summertime
Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn
Duet from Lakme
Stephen Foster Fantasy
Variations on Welsh Folk Tune
Appalachian Mountain Folk Song Suite
I Masnadieri
And the Band Played On
Chicago Skylines
Belford's Carnival March
Storm King
Chicago
Stars and Stripes Forever

evening: 8 p.m. arrival in Wigan Pemberton Old Wigan Band room 115/117
Tunstall Lane, Pemberton, Wigan

Thursday June 22

concert (10.30 a.m. St Matthews C/E School, Highfield)

Marriage of Figaro
Summertime
Polka Brillante
Variations on Welsh Theme
I Masnadieri
Chicago (from Skylines)
Storm King
The Whistler
Trailblaze
Stars and Stripes Forever

evening: formal concert with OPBB (7.30 p.m. Formby Hall, Atherton, Wigan)

Joint Items:
Stars and Stripes (Sousa);
Let's Face the Music (arr.Richards);
Appalachian Folk Song Suite (Curnow);
IBB: Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn (Sparke);
Concertante (1st mvt Bulla);
Hymn for Diana (Turrin);
And the Band Played On (Ward&Palmer/Richards).
POB: On the Quarter Deck (Alford);
Rusalka's Song to the Moon (Dvorak);
Trumpet Blues and Cantabile (James);
Slavonic Rhapsody No.2 (Friedmann);
Joint items: Death or Glory (Hall);
Fanfare and Flourishes (Curnow);
Disney Fantasy (arr.Richards).
Encore (If required)    Punchinello (Rimmer)

Friday June 23
morning: travel to Wakefield
afternoon: 1 p.m. rehearsal for 45 minute concert at St Chad's Junior
School, Leeds

Program:
Marriage of Figaro
Summertime
Polka Brillante
Variations on Welsh Theme
I Masnadieri
Chicago (from Skylines)
Storm King
The Whistler
Trailblaze
Stars and Stripes Forever

Saturday June 24
evening: formal concert with WYPB (St Wilfred's Catholic School,
Featherstone)

Program:

WYPB
Prelude to an Occasion (Gregson)
Una Voce Poco Fa (Rossini);
Pastime with Good Company (arr. Roberts);
Disney Fantasy (arr. Richards);

IBB
Brass Presentation (Moren);
Let's Face the Music and Dance (Berlin/Richards);
Georgia on my Mind(Carmichael/Morrison);
Amazing Grace (arr.Himes);
The Whistler (Green);
Belford's Carnival March (Alexander/Smalley);

Joint Items
Sousa On Parade;
Miller Magic;
Procession to the Cathedral (arr. Himes);
To A Wild Rose (Macdowell);
Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn (Sparke);
Pomp and Circumstance #1 (Elgar);

Monday June 26
afternoon: Reepham High School schools concert, time TBA

Program:
Marriage of Figaro
Summertime
Polka Brillante
Variations on Welsh Theme
I Masnadieri
Chicago (from Skylines)
Storm King
The Whistler
Trailblaze
Stars and Stripes Forever

Tuesday June 27

evening: formal concert with Cawston (Norwich Playhouse Theatre) probably to
be recorded by BBC2 Listen to the Band

[CBB]
Buglers holiday,
Academic Festival Overture,
a folk song,
Ticket to Ride,
Batman Blue Rondo a la Turk,
The Sword,
Jewel, and Mirror.

[IBB]
Brass Presentation,
And the Band Played On,
Concertante (1st mvt),
Georgia on my Mind,
Appalachian Mountain Folk Song Suite,
Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn
Stephen Foster Fantasy

[Joint Items]
Hands Across the Sea,
Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral (Himes)

Then, back to Heathrow for return home.

I hope that this list of our concerts helps.  Hope to see many of you there
(and lift a pint or two of some sort of liquid refreshment!

Guy Clark
solo cornet Illinois Brass Band