RE: Mouthpieces

I find it depends very much on:
1 How in-practi(c/s)e I am
2 What music I am playing
3 The instrument.

I use a bach model 42.  For brass bands I have always used a DW 5AL.  However, if you're doing orchestral alto trombone work, you can only really get away with a large bore tenor if you use a smaller mouthpiece - I used a DW 6BL.

Rarely do I find sufficient prolonged high stuff in brass band music to merit using the smaller mouthpiece.

Just my thoughts.

Daniel Sheard

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk