Re: Mouthpieces

Why is that brass players like to talk about mouthpieces, anyway?  Being no
exception, here is my two cents worth.

I started out playing Bach mouthpieces on my Conn 88H (6 1/2AL and then a
5G)  I liked them but the problem I found was inconsistent sizing when I
needed a new one.  There's a lesson there in protecting your mouthpiece but
that's another story.

I've played around with different brands and sizes over the years and have
settled on a Denis Wick 6AL for my large-bore tenor and a DW 6BS for my
small tenor and my baritone.  They work for me.

When it comes right down to it, it's more how much time you spend with the
mouthpiece on your face than the piece itself.

Jim Gayfer
Trombone/Baritone
Ottawa, Ontario
That's in Canada, eh.

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk