Whit Friday etiquette

Does anyone have any comments on the practice of sending a seperate
car/runner ahead of the band to 'book in'?

I actually thought that this was not allowed and that you could only book in
if the band was actually present at the venue (I think Uppermill enforced
this rule).

This clearly happened yesterday as I've heard that some band managed 14
contests!  We only managed 8 contests despite being at Carrbrook at 4pm and
being first on and then going straight from one to anothr (no beer breaks).
We were cooking until DobX where an 11 band tailback meant that was our last
one.

No doubt I'll be told I'm naive, but it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of
things.  On the other hand, the contest organiser probably isn't going to
turn away any of the top bands on a point of order because they want them
there.

Bruce Jones
Pennine Brass

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk