Re: Music for Schools foundation

Hi all

I asked some very good friends of mine, suffice to say they are both
teachers local to Burton, one of whom conducts a local band.  His wife had
this to say:

"Investigations have proceeded at this end and would seem to suggest that
the Music for schools Foundation
is indeed Norman's.  Norman's shops are going bust right and left, the only
one still open is the Burton
branch, and when you ring them they now answer "Music for Schools" instead
of "Norman's"!!!
Apparently David Haynes is now more or less retired and his son is running
the show.
Joe, the guy who does instrument repairs and used to be based at Norman's,
has left in acrimony (not that he ever had time for Haynes in the first
place, he says).  However, Norman's haven't told his customers, and are
still taking in instruments, bodging them and claiming that Joe has done the
work.... he is hopping, spitting, screaming mad and has been bending M's ear
to let the Band know not to take stuff to Norman's any more.
So there you are - Oh, did we tell you Norman's had been on Watchdog?
They bought up a load of seconds from B&H and were knocking them out to
bands with Lottery cash as perfect!"

Did anyone else see the programme?  I missed that one.

Cheers
Steve Heninghem

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk