Cyber Band 2000

Hi All,

Now that I've more or less managed to get back up to date after the time off
last week (us poor self employed don't have anyone else to do the work if
we're not there!), I would like to extend my thanks to David Sheedy, who has
spent a considerable amount of time, and his own money, on the organisation.
To Nigel, not only for writing a great new march, Y2K, which I'm sure will
become a favourite on the Whit circuit, but also for the expert way in which
he sorted the band out in less than 2 hours, and which led to numerous
encouraging comments from people we met on the circuit. And also to John
Davis for contributing the road march, even though he won't explain the
meaning of the title! Any ideas anyone? It's called 'Levam-i-sole' and
fortunately we didn't have to play it all the way through because it gets
akward!

Of the contests that we went to the one at Dobcross was awesome, the
atmosphere and the number of people was unbelievable, if you've never been
you just have to start making arrangements to go next year, you have to try
it yourself, it is impossible to describe the feeling of being in that
little fenced off arena, in the middle of all those people.

Finally, for those members of the Cyber band, had you realised that David
paid for the coach himself, and he won't tell me how much he paid. I would
think it would have been around 250GBP and I suggest we agree on an amount
each and send him our cheques, say 15GBP each adult working player?? If
those in agreement can send me an e-mail offlist I will let them have
David's address to send their cheques.

Cheers

Grandad

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk