Re: James Watson

Hello Phil. Yes it's been a while:-)
Your opinions have always been on top off traditional banding and are always
greatly received.
over the eight years, JW as taken Dyke to the top off the professional music
profession. They have broken all the clichs that have given brass bands a
second rate image in the music profession A Grammy award with the Evelyn
Glennie CD, Henry V won a industry award for best orchestral CD, also music
of Holst and Walton.
National title, who cares, only the brass banders and the community were the
band comes from.
Nobody say anything when Dyke did not win the national for 7yrs in the 50s
and a gap of 8yrs 1986 to 1993.
Then pops up JW to win again:-).
Phil, I do not think we can go backwards thinking to the 80s:-)  it's like
putting Mohamed Ally and Rocky Marciano together and making a opinion who is
the best.
I am sure that Nick will do well with Dyke he is also a good friend of JW.
A sad loss to Fodens.
I will be rooting for you at the Nationals this year, and wish Nick and Dyke
a successful partnership.and hope we can mix traditional and professional
banding together.
yours Evan howells.

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk